Tuesday, April 13, 2004

4 Days Out

I've packed my computer and taken my mattress and box spring off the frame. I kind of like having my bed on the floor; it's very sexy with the shroud (Which will be the last thing I take down, it being my favourite thing in the apartment). As a single adult with no romantic entanglements, I use "sexy" only in a conceptual sense, of course.

I called my "new" leasing office yesterday to ask if my name had been placed on the mailbox since my forwarding order is due to take effect in a couple of days, and I wouldn't want any postal personnel to be confused. Something solidifed for me when the leasing agent told me I already have things waiting for me there. I went online and requested a change of address Card from the MVA, which should come to my new place in about a week and a half. The next big thing is new checks. I wonder what my motif will be. I wish there were a series of "poet checks," or checks featuring excerpts from literary works. I would be all over that.

My good friend V sent me an Easter card and a desk calendar (with daily meditations for Single adult Christians); I received them in the mail yesterday. The timing was impeccable since I had something of an internal crisis about this issue all day at work. Today's thought is: "You pay God a compliment by asking great things of Him."--Teresa of Avila.

No comments: