Saturday, April 24, 2004

I have blown my hair out for the first time in about 5 months; it's much longer now than I imagined. I've been wearing it curly since about November because I couldn't really afford to go to the hair salon for the full relaxing treatment and haircut I'd grown accustomed to since last May, when I got the adorable pixie.

It's been in crisis mode for about 3 months, so I decided to make a salon appointment even if it means going without groceries... anyway, I took a blowdryer to it this morning and was pleasantly surprised by how much progress it's made while left to its own devices.

I had a trying time installing some new Internet software this morning, but I finally got it right and now I'm online for significantly cheaper than I was with AOL, which is a rip off.

Nothing much else to report; I had coffee and toast and apricot jam for breakfast. I'm listening to a local radio station (something I almost never do) and have been treated to a long set of 80s hits, including Tears for Fears's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World," which just ended.

No comments: