Thursday, April 22, 2004

Tough Choices

There are so many things that I need to buy or have done that there is no way to really decide which one of these is the most critical. I have decided to go with one of Gordon's paintings and my hair, first. He has a lovely piece that I've been eyeing for a while entitled Baltimore Elegy; I am procuring this painting tonight! I will have to pay him in installments for it, but it is now mine, for all intents and purposes. I am so glad he told someone else that he could not have it once he learned I had my heart set on it.

And as for my hair, well I'm sorry if this sounds backward or perverse, but as a woman a lot of how I feel about myself is inextricably linked with how I'm feeling about my hair. I've called to try and set something up for May 15th. It's been too long. I look like Orphan Annie right about now. I can't have a great apartment and jacked up hair. It's incongruous.

No comments: