Saturday, January 17, 2004

Yesterday my youngest sister started her away from home college career. My mom and Jim drove her to southern Maryland, and she unpacked her bags in the very dormitory in which I unpacked my own 13 years ago. Is there any drive in the world like the drive to college for the first time?

Last night I did laundry from 5:30 to 11:30 p.m., and I still have a little adjunct load I need to put in at some point today, or tomorrow morning, before I go to spend the rest of the long weekend at Sarah's place.

Today, at about 11, I will meet with the leasing agent at my new apartment building, to give her the security deposit, ask questions, etc. The rest of the afternoon, I'll spend time with Quill, and then I meet up with Victoria and her Michael to see Big Fish at the Charles theatre. Afterward, we'll go to Cafe Hon for bluecollar coffee and dessert.

Right now, though, I'm just in my fleece bathrobe, drinking coffee, and listening to Charlie Parker.

No comments: