Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Ricotta and Preserves

My creamy chicken and stuffing dish came out very well tonight. Moist and buttery. But I had a sour taste in my mouth leftover from events that happened at work. My supervisor is on a subtle (to those who aren't on the wrong end of it) power trip. I was not the one affected, but I see that personal preferences are clouding her judgement and reason. It bothers me more than I can say.

But this is not a blog about work. So, after debriefing with Bina via phone, I put a couple of spoonfuls of ricotta and apricot preserves in a bowl, and let the smooth cheese and cool fruit sooth my palette, and to some extent, my nerves.

I am still enjoying Lizz's cd and a curious (somewhat fun) string of e-mails with Gordon. I'm not able to really give a comprehensive assessment of where things stand with him. They are not bad, by any means, and I have had glimpses into the closeness I had been building with him. E-mail, however, is not intimacy. I know that. So, I don't think of our communiques in this forum as a solid indication of victory or normalcy. I have no idea what to make of it.

I find that I am much more intentionally prayerful these days, and my reliance on the Holy Spirit gives me an assurance that I am not in this alone, and that by grace, I am making the best choices that I can.

No comments: