Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Wife in the Desert

In my time of relative social exile, I feel that I am being trained for something very meaningful. First of all, I am learning to love my own company again, I am learning to really cultivate and enjoy my relationship with God again, and I am cooking again. It's not that I consider these things to belong exclusively to wifery, nor am I saying that one learns to be a wife completely in isolation (certainly not!), but it ocurred to me tonight, that among the many things I am learning, how to make room for a man in my heart is one of them. And that can't even begin until I can love solitude, and make my own way in what bears the look of barren country, but is really a gateway to a plentiful harvest.

This is not the entire point of this particular time in my life, but it is a lovely element of what is being brought to pass.

No comments: