Saturday, January 17, 2004

Weather Permitting...

Freezing Rain shut down my plans with Victoria and Michael. After Quill's departure I started on my Jambalaya, which turned out famously. The Italian sausage, shrimp, chicken, garlic, red onions, stewed tomatoes, and rice seasoned with crushed red pepper, Old Bay, parsley, and black pepper became a stunning creature while simmering together.

When I found out that my plans to go to the cinema were to be postponed, I went to 7-11 and picked up stuff for the milkshake I've been formulating in my mind for a week or so now. It contains vanilla ice cream, mandarin oranges, pineapples, rainbow sherbet, orange juice, and a liberal amount of Jack Daniels. Voila! I tend to like berries in shakes or smoothies, so having none, I added a bit of strawberry jam after tasting the first glass. The verdict? Use frozen or fresh berries if desired. It was fine with the jam, but was better without. I served myself this luscious dessert in a champagne flute.

Since I have the rest of the night to myself, I'm going to read Nick Bantock's The Venetian's Wife.

No comments: