Monday, January 12, 2004

Neo Soul (Cooking with a buzz)

Who knew that Cabernet Sauvingnon I had (open) from Christmas was still good? Without thinking I poured myself a glass (after tasting) while I cooked. I hadn't eaten since lunch at about 11:45 a.m. and it went right to my head. I wasn't sloppy or confused (though handling knives and putting a roast in the oven probably shouldn't be attempted while tipsy), but I was in the place of ease where you know the old judgement is at least a little compromised. I had the best time!

The cds I ordered from BMG came today, and include K.D. Lang and Tony Bennett's duets, and the man Rolling Stone called "Your new soul controller," Anthony Hamilton. You couldn't tell me I wasn't totally fine singing along to "Cornbread, Fish & Collard Greens" while making that succulent roast, with carmelized red onions, roasted potatoes, and butter sauteed brussel sprouts. I felt amazing and beautiful.

Everyone should cook this way.

No comments: