Monday, January 19, 2004

"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." Luke 1:45

The above scripture has meant so much to me over the course of the last year. I have returned to it time and again when praying through the main themes of this season of my life. I always run across it, or it is always brought to mind when I am having a hard time hanging on and believing God for the things He has promised me.

I'm not having an especially hard time at the moment, though I recognize that I still have so much to confront, so many patterns to change, so many things I still need and want, the fruition of which is still a ways off. If I were living my life in accordance with the wisdom of the world, which I'm not, there are some things I would have given up on long ago. But God has given me a vision for my life, for my writing, my relationships, all of the things which concern me, and He is bringing that vision to pass. And I am blessed because I believe.

I just made myself another shake, sans hooch. It's just vanilla ice cream, orange juice, mandarin organges, pineapples, and a shot of vanilla. It tastes like a sensual cremesicle. Since I spent last night at Sarah's I still had jambalaya to come home to tonight. I enjoyed the leftovers. I will have one last helping for lunch tomorrow.

Sometime over the course of the next week, I will go to see at least one of the three apartments that is becoming available in the building where I will soon be living. Then starts the process of enlisting help, switching the address on my magazine subscriptions, reserving a truck. All that planning to pick up and leave just as I was getting used to where I am. I love that life keeps moving. I love a new chapter, but not as much as I love the end of a chapter. I like knowing where I've already been, and the bittersweet feeling of knowing I can never have it back.

No comments: