Sunday, January 11, 2004

I started a prayer and reflection journal. I have not been faithful to journals that require me to write in them for a long time. This is why blogger is such a lifesaver. I compose better on the computer than on paper, and I can edit or correct errors as I see fit. But, with that said, I received a funky, retro spiral bound Old Navy Journal from Victoria for Christmas. Last week I started to use it to record impressions I receive from the Holy Spirit as a direct result of my prayers, as well as a place to record prayers I'm praying, scriptures I'm reading. I find that having to write these things out with my own hand makes them even more real to me.

Alberta visited me yesterday just as I was watching an MSNBC documentary on the "Manson Women." She wanted my input on some throw pillows and whether or not they worked on her couch. She talked about wanting to bring more colour (through art and other types of accents like pillows, throw covers, etc.) into her apartment. I told her that she should talk to Gordon about procuring something of his. I debated waiting to put this bug into his ear until he returns from Mexico (he'll be there for 2 weeks on business), but I wanted to call him right away. Maybe it was a copout, maybe I sold out. Maybe I was just itching for a remotely legitimate reason to call him. Either way, what's done is done, and we did have a pleasant exchange. He was warm on the phone, which was nice. I continue to be baffled by certain elements of our friendship at the moment, but I guess not analyzing it is the best thing to do. I don't need anymore tension headaches.

I did not end up hanging out with my friend. It's very curious because we were all set this time. She'd confirmed and everything. At the last minute a totally legitimate obstacle arose, and I found that I felt the same sense of peace I've had everytime our plans have been rerouted lately. I did chat with her a bit via Instant Messenger last night, and I told her that I thought we should wait to try to reschedule because it was clear that this is not supposed to happen right now. She was on the same page with me, and was relieved that I was not upset.

Am intrigued by the concept of the altered book which I learned about from Devika's journal. I love this idea...

No comments: