Thursday, January 15, 2004

A dusting of confectioner’s sugar

I prayed for God to hold back the hand of the snow we were expecting overnight. In addition to the fact that I need to grocery shop and run errands, I also have to attend the open house at the University tonight. Tonight is the night I hand in my application and get face time with people who have some say in determining the course of my academic future. I did not want this event to be cancelled because of weather.

So when I awakened this morning and saw what looked like a mere dusting of sugar on top of French toast, I was pleased to say the least. I was thankful too.

In addition to praying away the snow, I have also been praying for increasing intimacy with God, and I have been praying for Gordon, that he might really come to a greater sense of his unique purpose in the world. It will do wonders for his sense of self in relationship to God and his art, too, which I want for him so much.

No comments: