Thursday, May 31, 2007

"It's right where your resistance wanted you to be..."

I spent the better part of yesterday being more sore than I've been in an age and wondering if I was going to be able to spin again this morning. I decided that I would be attending the class, regardless, and so did some stretches and hoped for the best. I figured that I'd managed to do the elliptical yesterday morning when I was sore, so I'd just have to push through the resistance. Fortunately, I woke up in significantly less pain than I'd been in when I went to bed. This morning's class featured only one other person who'd been in Tuesday morning's class and a different routine and music program (makes sense), so it felt different (still great), vibe-wise. One of the songs we spun to was Sting's "Desert Rose," which was perfect for an uphill simulation at point three. I really really get into the Instructions to "keep climbing," and maybe I'm a complete cheeseball, but it motivated me tremendously when the instructor would say "you're almost there; you're almost at the peak now." I would think to myself "yes, I am almost there."

Anyway, my current plan (very much subject to change) is to keep spinning twice a week for about a month and then maybe drop off to one day and replace the other spin morning with another class (if there's one that interests me). I might also keep spinning twice a week and replace one day of elliptical/weights with another class. There are so many possibilities. I think I'll ride this groove out, though, before I try to figure out the next phase.

After tomorrow, detox is over, and I start Phase II of Fat Smash.

No comments: