Sunday, May 06, 2007



Hitched

Well, she's done it. My sister is a married woman. And for as hectic as the day before the ceremony was, her excellent planning skills and nurturing, giving nature not only ensured that everything came off just as she and her husband envisioned, but that her ladies in waiting were all cared for and appreciated as well. She made so many accomodations (including a roomy suite) for us and made every provision for our comfort. She was just the model bride. It's interesting to think that this wasn't even the big ceremony. This was just the small prologue. They plan to do it again in August when more of their friends and family can be in attendance...

The after party on the Spirit of Washington ship in DC was a lot of fun--and despite some pseudo cabaret-style entertainment, made for an elegant finishing touch.

I asked C this morning if she felt weird at all, now that she's someone's wife. She said "No, but I did have a moment yesterday when I thought to myself 'I'm only 23 years old!'"

No comments: