Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Eve of the Eve of My Sister's Wedding

C called me this afternoon and asked me to pray that everything goes smoothly on Saturday. She asked me to ask everyone I know who prays, to pray. Without giving too many potentially identifying details here, I'll just say that other, fringe, relationships can complicate your life at the worst times in the worst ways. Mostly because people have no ability to realize when an event is not about them.

As far as my own efforts to prepare for my sister's special day go, I am getting my hair done tonight (it's my regular appointment) and then I am leaving early tomorrow morning for the suburbs of Washington, DC to enjoy a day of errand-running, a manicure, a pedicure, and last minute shopping (still don't know what I'm wearing). It's odd to think that, details and logistics aside, by the time I return to Baltimore from this weekend away, my younger sister will be someone's wife.

On other fronts, not much is happening. Work is about to be very busy, and I suspect that the largest reserves of my emotional energy will be given to that cause.

I know I've been crap at updating this week. Posts may be spotty for the rest of May. Of course, now that I've said that I bet I'll post every day next week...

No comments: