Thursday, May 17, 2007

how am i an idiot? let me count the ways...

so, tonight while i was at the hair salon, sitting my stylist's chair, i see him walk by. Mr. Close Encounters. On autopilot (that would be my flimsy defense if this were a court of relationship law. "Your Honour, I was on autopilot...."), or something, I grab my phone and call him. I left a message saying, "hey, I just saw you walking by and thought I'd say hello." Um. What?

Hopefully any grace or class he attributes to me wasn't just completely nullified by that juvenile maneuver. But really, for as lame as it sounds, I didn't think not to do it until way too late. And what is worse, I immortalized the situation by recording a message.

Well, in truth, I was thinking he'd answer and when he didn't I didn't want him to get a missed call notification (clearly saying it was me) and not leave a message because that would seem even more strange. In the moment I thought that would be worse. Whatever. Shake it off.

No comments: