Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lentils Simmering on the Stovetop

So, it's day six of my [adapted] detox program. I have been following the Fat Smash diet (courtesy of the doc on Celebrity Fit Club) pretty closely, but I have allowed myself unadorned crab meat (naturally low-cal), baked tilapia, and minimalist sushi (salmon and tuna rolls only). The first 9 days of the program call for a full stop on meat and fish, but even with tofu and eggs (I've been consuming the yolks when I do boiled, another no-no according to Fat Smash), I find that I need something extra.
In any case, I'm eating a ton of fruit and vegetables, I am drinking NO COFFEE of any kind (including decaf), a lot of herbal tea, water (no soda, not even diet), and I am exercising. I'm pleased to say that when I weighed myself two days ago, I was only 8 pounds heavier than when I dropped 60 pounds (two years ago, now).

In other news, things are really good at work. What's that line from BJ's Diary [the movie]? "It is a truth universally acknowledged that as soon as one area of your life starts going well, another falls spectacularly apart..."

Well, love is on the wane, but upward career mobility and fitness are waxing. I'll take that.

No comments: