Saturday, February 17, 2007

Round Robin

Last night's reading drew an edgy, fringe crowd. I hit my stride on my third turn at the mic. There were these two cats--not hep, jazz dudes, I mean an orange tabby who was skittish but curious (naturally)and an open-to-human-interaction black and white feline. She (I feel that it was a she) was seductive, comfortable, in no way needy. They roamed around all night, getting into the food, enjoying the poetic vibe, I suppose. Sarah and I both smelled like smoke when we left the joint.

Come Saturday Morning

S and I went to see the new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore love fest "Music and Lyrics." Enjoyable.

Ravenous

Neither of us really ate (I had a glazed donut, Sarah had nothing) before the film at 1:35, so by the time it was over, we were cranky with hunger (having liked the film aside). Good thing there was a California Pizza Kitchen right next to the theatre. We got appetizers and dessert in addition to our meals.

Light Shopping

I found the HEMPZ Rosemary Mint Body Wash I love so much. It literally tingles on contact with the skin.

Taking Care of Business

My Federal refund came through, so I paid the state (ha!) and another outstanding bill, ordered someone a present I cannot wait to give (!), and ordered some new checks (I ran out last week).

No comments: