Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Inexplicably, for the last two or three days I've felt down on myself. Weirdly self-pitying, given how well things are going. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I listened to selections from The Cure's "Disintegration" album for an hour or so this morning. It's a great album, no doubt, but the desire to listen to "The Same Deep Water As You" on repeat does not bespeak a happy mood.

Fortunately, I was able to pull myself together and clear out the cobwebs. I filed some papers, followed up with people via e-mail (work-related missives), recycled unneeded paper, and formulated a game plan for my projects.

And then something small happened. In fact, it was completely mundane, and it certainly wouldn't translate to happiness for anyone else--but for me--it was the first legitimate reason to smile in about two days.

Still have a mild case of the blahs, but all I can do is ride it out. In the meantime, looking ahead....

No comments: