Tuesday, February 13, 2007

etc.

1. due to the inconvenient weather and an extremely caring boss, i was able to work from home today.
2. i definitely have the february blahs (see posts from last week).
3. i started listening to one book on CD, decided i was not into it by disc 3, and started another one. much better.
4. tomorrow is hump day, for which i am eternally grateful. the work week will fly by from here.
5. it's also Valentine's Day. This will have no effect on my life.
6. the most exciting thing that happened today? My New Yorker arrived in the mail. The only legitimate item amidst a slew of circulars.
7. i found a card i'd purchased a full month before my youngest sister's birthday, but had forgotten to mail to her. So i sent it off tonight. her birthday was in August.
8. i actually left my apartment (needed stamps--see number 7 above). the slushy snow/ice melange is going to be awful to walk on tomorrow.
9. after work, but before dinner tonight, i read some of Jane Kenyon's poetry. I deliberately paid closer attention to the poems i usually skip over to get right to my favourites.
10. i am watching "Auntie Mame." It arrived last Friday (netflix), but I am just getting to it. Charming, touching.
11. it will be a year ago on thursday that I first saw my apartment. i decided that night to rent it, though i wouldn't be able to move in until mid-April.
12. on thursday, i have my six-month eval. here's hoping...
13. i'm trying to work through my angst in healthy ways.
14. my jeans are a little loose.
15. someone in Paris comes to this blog, from time to time, but only stays for 0 seconds (according to sitemeter. can that be right?).

No comments: