Sunday, February 25, 2007

February Strikes Again!

I've decided that February is the month of true Winter Weather in the Mid-Atlantic (i.e., snow/ice/the twain of ice and snow meeting). December and January are consistently manageable temperature and precipitation-wise, consequently, I don't mind them.

Sarah and I were going to join some friends of hers at Boordy for a wine & fondue event, but the road conditions precluded it. I wasn't totally bummed (I have plenty of household/work chores to do, really), but what if my heart had been set on it? I think what I hate is the feeling that things aren't possible...

Before the roads became unnavagable S and I did manage to get to Wegman's for light groceries--and thanks to that trip, I am now snug in my apartment eating a delightful salad of mixed greens, dried apricots & cranberries, walnuts, and gorgonzola. All tossed with a sweet raspberry vinaigrette. Soup to follow.

In other news, after a manicure yesterday morning, I decided to get them done weekly. Fourteen dollars is a completely reasonable indulgence. My cuticles were not doing well, and I am no longer foolish enough to think that I will do this for myself. I'm not dexterous enough to manicure my right hand with my left, so the presentation is always uneven when I attempt the homemade version...

To protect my nails and hands between treatments, I've finally invested in a cute pair of pink dish-washing gloves. Can't have my polish chipping after only a few days.

No comments: