Thursday, February 15, 2007

I would like to take a moment to welcome all relatively new readers to The Baltimore Chronicles. If this is your first week/day/minute on the site, I promise that self-indulgent posts about winter ennui and sidewalk passability tests will not be the norm. I occasionally write about things like my frustration with the evangelical church, my thoughts on sex and sexual expression (as one who at the age of 33 has never indulged), and my love for the city of Baltimore, Underdog Extraordinaire! Yes, I know that that is something of a paradox. In the paraphrased words of Walt Whitman--"I am full of contradictory truths."

This blog is also preoccupied with the anecdotal element of life.

Por ejemplo: I bet you are just going to be thrilled to know that I wore not one, but two pairs of pants today.

This kind of information fascinates me to no end. If you are not similarly intrigued, keep coming back. There's guaranteed to be something here for you eventually. And if the present is not so engaging, then check out the archives. There's a real treasure trove of human pathos in those!

Upon the advice of two dear friends, I am embracing the fact that I can be a real mess sometimes. A colossal mess. Some people might even love me for that most of all...

No comments: