Friday, September 09, 2005

You just never know how things are going to fly together or come apart, as the case may be, at the last minute. There is very little to be banked upon, when you get right down to it. I'm just commenting. Not having a bad day or anything, just noting that it is impossible to know what's coming down the pike, for better or for worse.

I've had some good news recently. I spoke with my quasi advisor about my standing in the Writing Program. I gave him a list of classes I've taken/am taking this semester, and asked him about my chances of meeting my goal of completing my degree by the end of next fall. I am in great shape, and as it turns out, the class I took with him last semester satisfies the technical course requirement for my concentration. Sweet!

Poetry group last night featured a stunning carrot cake (my favourite) that C, a group member, made in honour of my b-day. I think I'm going to eat a piece after walking the dog, but before going to the gym. It was amazingly good. A very cakey cake, which I enjoy. Dense and moist. To die for!

Sarah and I are still muddling through her difficulty. Trying to make some plans to get her back on track, and to go forward with grace, which she has in spades. She's still staying with me for the time being. It's nicer to go through the thick of one's heartache with a friend.

No comments: