Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm right here!

I've not abandoned you, pumpkins! Just been buried under a mound of reading and editing... and when I've not been doing that, I've been cavorting with the Sarah-one. Our stop at Normal's on Sunday yielded me this treasure for a mere 4 dollars. Having recently finished The Jane Austen Book Club, I started it immediately, and it has done more to fuel my imagination, and has fired more of the coals in my fingers for writing and artistic expression than anything else has in a very long time. I love listening to or reading about an artist's thoughts on her work. I have some thoughts percolating that I'll talk about later (they're too new and tenuous to go into just now), but I can tell you this: My life's work is going to be revolutionized.

The non-stop/gotta-go parade continues. On Friday, I'm heading up to Philly with Sarah to see this lady, on Saturday morning, I will be Racing for the Cure, and on Sunday, a matinee at the Everyman Theatre. Between those two things, on Saturday evening, a nice family dinner with Sarah and her parents in DC. They are always so great about letting me tag along on their family outings to shwanky restaurants.

What a great morning! I'm listening to india.arie's debut, Acoustic Soul, enjoying the Hopperesque light of this hour.

No comments: