Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My new lamp and bedding arrived yesterday! Remarkable, since they shipped on Friday afternoon. Now I'm waiting for a few various and sundries, of which these two are the only fun things (I also got an additional sheet set and some new sleeping pillows).

Oh, I also got new curtains from Pier 1 on Saturday afternoon....for 9 dollars, total! They were having a major "Bedroom Sale." While there, I couldn't resist their seasonal candles. I got a pillar, a huge round, some votives, and tea lights all in the pumpkin bread scent (so that I have a cohesive olfactory autumn theme going in the house).

Thanks to Sarah's mother's generosity, I am wearing a new ribbed sweater--I'm having a hard time deciding what the blue is--it is light, but somewhat electric. Definitely not pale blue. Anyway, it suits me. She found it, never worn, in her closet, and thought I might like it. It's not one of the hues on my personal palette, but it works. Cut and texture often have a lot to do with these things...

Am more than half way through "Beloved." It's actually the third or fourth book on the syllabus for class, but I want to keep the momentum I have going. Am really anxious to start "The Jane Austen Book Club," which Sarah bought at a White Elephant sale (at her job).

On the horizon: An Os game on Friday; A Chile party on Saturday!

No comments: