Thursday, September 08, 2005

To Continue the Comfortable Jeans Motif...

I had no nerves this year about starting class. I had a few concerns about my poetry workshop (last night's class), in terms of whether or not I was going to be feeling the same old tension about form vs. free verse, but other than that, I slid right back into the routine like I'd just done it yesterday, not 4 months ago.

There were several familiar faces in my class of 11. At least 8 of the people I've been in workshops with before, and of course my poetry group is representing strongly. Among the familiar faces, the kid with whom I "hung out" last semester. What a weirdo.

Among the unfamiliar faces a fellow SMC alum, but she's fresh out of the water....unlike me who's been out of that pond for 10 years now.

And a new prof on whom to dote. Professor Genteel. He's southern, calming, kind of cute, but in an endearing way. Straight up he told us that form will neither be required nor spurned. He had me at hello.

No comments: