Saturday, September 03, 2005

1 day to 32

Unexpectedly, I was out of the office yesterday. A personal crisis (now largely dealt with) in a friend's life necessitated my physical presence as well as my emotional support, so I called in to the office. I'll just take this on the chin as a vacation day.

I saw Catherine (Catchka) last night; she came by because she's in town visiting her family and wanted to give me the luxurious, intricately woven afghan that she made me! It is very reminiscent of the thick knit burguny scarf she gave me last fall. I am keeping the blanket put away for now because I don't want Babygirl's insidioius dog hair looking for a home in it.

Sarah spent the night with me at my place. Bg and I slept in the livingroom so she could have the bed. I woke up at 6 to take the doggie out for a leisurely walk. When Sarah awakened she immediately set to getting my DVD player and VCR to cooperate with the tv. I can now watch dvds in the livingroom again. Ever since I downgraded my cable and lost the digital cable box, the whole system has been wackadoo.

I made us berry smoothies which we drank while watching the early b-day present Sarah gave me; NSYNC's most requested videos. That's right. I really wanted it... Say what you will. Without Irony, I tell you, I love(d) their music and always enjoyed watching their performances.

Am nearly finished reading Big Stone Gap. What a sweet book.

No comments: