Saturday, September 03, 2005

Initially, my goal was to be at 150 pounds by my birthday, but after revising based upon my current rate of loss, I decided that 160 was significantly more feasible. I am happy to report that I weighed in this morning at 160, for a total of a 62-pound loss at this point.

Sarah and I went to Target to spend up the gift card her parents gave me for my 32nd; I got several things, including: two all purpose t-shirts, a smart waist jacket that will go equally well with dress pants or jeans, a sparkly purple pencil cup, a small water bottle, batteries, sponges, and other various and sundries. A nice mix of practical and fun. Important and inconsequential.
I saw several other things I want but could not afford on this trip. That's okay. Next week I will be rolling in dough (loan check).

The day got off to a slow and meandering start, but by the end, Sarah and I had taken the first steps to beginning our freelance business, tidied up her apartment, and gone shopping. Now I sip chai tea, listen to plaintive, pensive acoustic music, the dog at my feet, guarding me against all evils, both real and imagined.

No comments: