Saturday, February 28, 2004

Through the Wringer

The issue with my friend has graduated from snit level (which was an understatement to begin with) to full on falling out. I have known this person since high school, and being her friend was not easy then. I never ever want to write anyone off for good, and I always vacillate between maintaining friendships with people who are toxic and cutting them off entirely. I can never seem to do it, because I know how much it hurts to be dropped like a hot potato. I think that breaking all ties with someone should be reserved for the most egregious offenses, and even then it should be clear that there is no chance for repair.

I've already done my grocery shopping today. It's only about 12:15 and I'm getting ready to lose myself in a cup of coffee while Bluetrain plays in the background, and I'm going to pray and read the Bible before getting together with Sarah for a celebration of my acceptance to Hopkins.

I was supposed to see my sister today as she is in Baltimore with a friend from school, but I think logistical issues are going to prevent it. Oh well, She'll have her spring break soon. Sometimes having to wait makes things sweeter when you finally get to receive them.

No comments: