Thursday, February 05, 2004

As I feared my friend has already made concessions and is not breaking ties. What could I do? I told her I did not support the decision, and that while I hoped for her sake, that things work out, I think she is being foolish. I think we are officially not talking now, but that is her choice. I guess I understand. What on earth could we ever discuss again, being divided on such a crucial issue?

Moving right along...

More than two weeks ago the leasing agent at my new apartment building told me about three different apartments that were going to be opening up at about the time I was looking to move. I went in to give her my security deposit, and while I was there, she wanted to show me one of them. It was on the first floor, and I knew I didn't want to live on the first floor, but I was willing to have a look. The master key would not open the door, no matter what she did! I felt unphased since I hadn't thought I would get to see an apartment that day anyway (and as I said it was on the first floor). She told me that she would call me at some point to have me come out and see at least one of the others on the fourth floor within a week's time.

Because so much time had passed without me hearing from her, I started getting a bit antsy, but I felt that I should wait. It was a very intuitive, spiritual impression I had, that if I didn't jump the gun just this once, something more wonderful than I hoped would happen. The day after making the choice to wait for the leasing agent to call me, she did just that. And an apartment, completely separate from the three she expected to open up, opened up. The current resident is leaving on March 31st. After the clean up and touch up is done to the place, I will assume residence on April 15th. It is a fifth floor apartment, and the leasing agent thought I would really like this one, because it gets so much light.

No comments: