Thursday, February 12, 2004

I didn't mention this before because, frankly, it felt like one more negative thing in my life, and I didn't want to discuss it on the blog. I went to see the model the leasing agent told me about last week, and it was sub par, in terms of space. Even being spatially challenged, I knew I shouldn't have high hopes, based purely on the floor plan. It was so small, however, that I thought the "livingroom" was the entryway. I kept looking for the rest of it! My entertainment center would utterly dominate, no fill, that room. The furniture issue would have been solved, decisively, however. No furniture. of any kind.

Fortunately, this model was not the only type available, and I immediately asked about the other possibilities with the leasing agent. She said she would arrange for me to see the place on the 4th floor in the other building. I remembered liking the model on the 4th flloor, based on what I could glean from the floor plan.

Sometimes, It's all about first impressions and first instincts--spatial relations-savvy or not. I just talked to the leasing agent who told me this place is really roomy, and gets a good amount of light, too, so she thought I would be very happy with it. I'll be having a look at it next Friday. I hope I agree with her assessment this time, because if I don't, I'll definitely be hitting up the City Paper for some other options.

Before I close, I want to send a birthday acknowledgment to my good friend, Devika. I hope your day is as wonderful as you are!

No comments: