Tuesday, February 17, 2004

This Just In...

I am in a really good mood. I made a phenomenal meal of broiled steak, red cabbage (which is more purple than red) tossed with balsamic vinegar, and mashed potatoes. So simple, but it tasted so good. As if this weren't enough, my first issue of Baltimore magazine arrived. I decided that I really need to understand this city I love so much, and while the City Paper goes a long way in helping one to see the seamy underbelly of this town (as well as learn to appreciate out of the way places and points of interest), its blatant political bias and social agendas sometimes get in the way of me appreciating it for the resource it is (hands down, the best place to look for a vintage apartment).

I have to go to an offsite meeting tomorrow, which means time in the car with my unintentionally duplicitous manager. I might just have to forego the chitchat and ask what I'm dying to know. So, how do you really feel about your job? I loathe small talk, and it could get mighty awkward if I don't commit to being interested in what she might have to say.

No comments: