Monday, July 24, 2006

To celebrate the new job my mom, her friend, and both my sisters and I went to Dukem, just mere blocks from my apartment, for Ethiopian food. Sidebar: Devika, I don't know why I didn't mention this to you before--that there is a Dukem in my neighborhood... In any case, if we ever get to hang out in Charm city, we so have to go there...

In any case, that was an adventure for us, doing something so off the beaten path (my mom doesn't usually do such experiences so well, but she got over not having utensils pretty quickly). It was so good to see my other sister, who is home from VT for a few weeks.

Can I just say? I was downright excited to come to work this morning. Knowing it's almost over has improved my morale a thousand-fold. I guess it's that experience that is common when something oppressive is coming to an end. You suddenly have all manner of resilience and cheer about muddling through the last of it.

No comments: