Thursday, July 13, 2006

On the Town

I got together with a former coworker (you may remember her as the girl who was railroaded into quitting) and her husband last night. They wanted to take me to dinner, and not just anywhere, but to Sotto Sopra, an establishment I have never been to before, for an elegant, upscale Italian meal. We rounded out the evening at The Brewer's Art for nightcaps.

Before the evening had concluded we agreed that next fall I would a) give a reading at their home in tandem with a wine-tasting that some wine conoisseur they know will set up, and b) speak in the husband's AP English classes about poetry. I can't believe I even remotely know people like this! Oh, I also think I'm to join them on their boat at some point.

They are among the most accessible, generous people I've met in a long time. If the Great Gatsby met your average, good-natured sitcom couple, it would be these two.

No comments: