Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Some things I've neglected to mention...

Like dinner with E and a neurosurgeon last Friday night at Sammy's Trattoria, the delightful, newish restaurant in my neighborhood. This meal, that was initially to have been just E and myself, became an agreeable threesome when she told me about the new attending at the hospital--new in town, knows no one, etc. He is very funny, a good conversationalist. I felt like I was in a Jane Austen novel. If a Jane Austen construct met the poorer, less sexual version of Sex and the City.

After the meal we walked around Artscape for a bit looking, appropriately enough, for art for the good doctor's bare walls. E and I fully intended to have him try out this smokeless bar, The Red Maple (she'd been before but I hadn't), with us but Dr. Neuro begged off. We continued on to the establishment. I had a mojito. Not bad. The atmosphere was even better than the drink. I think it's my new place to take people.

Oh.

The announcement of my imminent departure was made at yesterday's meeting as I hoped it would be--both so that everyone is now in the loop and so that it could start to feel even more real to me. I am actually the one who made the announcement. My manager asked me prior to the team powwow if I was ready to make the information public. I indicated that I was, but didn't know when the time came that she would turn it over to me.

Ah well. Now its done. Let the tying up of loose ends commence!

No comments: