Monday, June 19, 2006

To quickly answer a couple of readers' questions:

Alexis, the number 8 bus is overcrowded and the demographic, by and large, are a consistently uncouth lot. C and I rode this route home from the movies and the experience can only be described as miserable.

Baus, I do not think you have to worry about harming yourself. The Lake House will not be your cup of tea, I am almost certain. And as to you wondering "Can this movie be any good?" I would simply say: It is not a great movie. As I said in an earlier post, it's got pacing problems, some uneven, awkward places, but I still liked it. I was intrigued by the quantum physics considerations behind the idea of living a mere two years apart from the person you're supposed to be with (there's that blasted, archaic soul mates idea again!), and because Keanu will always be special to me, and because of the sweetness of his pairing(s) with Sandra Bullock, I enjoyed the movie. I took it on its own terms. You, I think, will think it's complete crap.

No comments: