Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday Dinner

My mom, the illustrious pseudo boyfriend, and the dog came over to break bread with me and C. Seeing Babygirl's adorable little face, her furry body a quiver of excitement when she first saw me, was the best part. She loved the apartment! So much room for her to roam around and explore!

It was swelteringly hot in the apartment, though, and that was miserable. I only have one a/c unit, still, and that is in the bedroom--the Cold Zone--and we were all in and out of there to get relief from time to time. We also watched "What the Bleep Do We Know?"-- a film I had seen before but enjoyed enough to see again.

C and I were able to give the apartment a fairly thorough cleaning before they arrived so I felt more centered while they were here. In some ways, I'm a lot like Monica Gellar from Friends--and I'm getting more that way the older I get. I have to face it. It irks me when things don't get put back exactly where they were or get damaged... good to know.

So you can imagine my horror when one of my coasters got ruined because my mom unknowingly put it in the kitchen sink (it stuck to the bottom of her glass, I guess).

Shake it off.

In other news, I have scheduled a follow up chat with my supervisor to talk with her more about the episode from Thursday; I regret that I didn't have better control over my response to that initial review score (which did get revised as she said it would). I think it's of paramount importance to stand up for myself and to open the lines of communication with her so she doesn't think that was some anomaly. I want her to know how her short-sighted, poorly informed decisions affect people in her charge.

I don't know yet how I'm going to frame my remarks, but I'm striving for something respectful, but not so diplomatic that it undercuts the strength of my comments.

No comments: