Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I am nearly ready to send off my Independent Study proposal. I sent, on last Friday morning, a preliminary e-mail about it to the appropriate person, but what I learned from my exchange with him is that the process is a lot more formal than I realized. So, to that end, I've drawn up a document that provides some context,a scope, and talks about a concrete product/benefit of doing the IS. The initial contact did indicate his general support for the idea I presented to him and thinks it will get passed, so this is obviously good news.

Speaking of scoping things out, I'm getting together with one of the women from my poetry group to do a rough outline of our reading on July 11th. That event doesn't feel quite real to me yet since I will be away for an entire week before it happens.

I hope I get one or two good pieces out of the trip. I need some new material.

No comments: