Saturday, June 03, 2006

I got my sister on a MARC train back to the DC area (she's gone for the weekend) at about 6 yesterday evening--Sarah was back at my apartment minding the maintenance man who was installing my a/c unit in the bedroom (and switching out my refrigerator for one that does not wobble). She ordered some sushi from XS; I put on some baby red potatoes to parboil, a steak in the oven, and some frozen succotash in a sauce pot for my dinner (I had no sushi money, and even though Sarah offered, I didn't want her having to buy me food also).

I've taken to taking a tepid shower at night, just before bed, to cool down a bit, and thus to help me sleep better. I did so last night, moved the bed closer to the window where the cooling unit is, and slept like a baby. I even got cold at one point--that right there is the definition of a successful summer evening's sleep. You have to wake up at least once and realize that you are freezing.

I just got back from 7-11 (the hottie was not there!) for the requisite joe, some bread, a muffin, and some tuna. Basic weekend rations.

Later, I'm doing the mother load of laundry at Sarah's... after I go with her to check out gyms!

No comments: