Saturday, May 06, 2006

Train whistles, the intermittent chugging along the tracks, punctuate my sleep in this apartment--and it is comforting and poetic. Very literary rest.

I emerged from a codeine fever this morning and was faced with the immediate challenge of how to shower without being seen by the workman on the roof across the way from the bathroom window. I have two layers of sheer curtains on the window, but during the day you can still get an eyeful--if there is an eyeful to be had. In any case, I was forced to be creative. I'll spare you the mundane details, but suffice it to say, I believe I was successful.

Expecting E to come over at about 11 (and it being roughly 9:30), I set out to get a cup of coffee from 7-11, then came back here to clean the bathroom, sweep, and mop the kitchen floor, and to have a bit of instant oatmeal. Now I've done all that, including the dusting and the plumping of sofa cushions. I've just had to reheat my coffee in a sauce pan (it's like camping in the city) because a microwave is low on my list of household priorities (in terms of the order in which I need things and what I can afford)...

No comments: