Wednesday, May 10, 2006




Bills

I am preparing to go away for the weekend. My middle sister, with whom I currently have a strained relationship, is graduating from college on Sunday the 14th. My family--mom, my youngest sister, the dog, and my mom's pseudo boyfriend--is driving north for the ceremony. We leave on Friday morning, so I am trying to take care of things now that I won't have the weekend to take care of. Chief among these things is writing out checks and posting them so they arrive at their destinations on time. I have two stacks on the table in the foyer. One stack with a post-it that says "To mail on Friday morning" and another that says "To mail on Monday."

Because I'm in the mood to think through logistics, I've already done rough calculations of what the trip will cost me (sharing the cost of the rental van, hotel, gas, and incidentals) and have deducted that amount from the total in my check book.

Earlier tonight I made a delicious whole wheat penne pasta with broccoli, stewed tomatoes, and garlic for dinner. It was so simple and so scrumptuous. As has been the case every night this week, I ate two navel oranges for dessert, and am now finishing off my evening with a cup of China Black tea with rose petals.

I've got hose and other unmentionables hanging on the shower rod, drying. tomorrow, after a visit with a good friend, I'll pack. Then I'm off to New England. I must remember to bring books on CD and a few novels (so I have options) for the car ride. I predict that there will be some, um, interesting anecdotes from this trip...

No comments: