Thursday, May 04, 2006

I went back to the patient clinic tonight. They got an X-Ray of my lungs, which don't show signs of distress or pneumonia (which is good); there was an attempt to get bloodwork done, but my veins were uncooperative, so they wanted to take it frm my hand, but I am very traumatized when I have to get blood drawn, so I asked if we could just deal with the X-Ray and forego the stick. So now my arm is bruised from the failed attempt. Funny. My veins aren't usually incognito (the process stresses me out, nevertheless).

In any case, I have a daytime cough med and a nighttime one (with codeine, yay!). I already feel better for having made the tough decision to skip my last dc trip tonight (just too sick and I did not want to be away from home till midnight). Sarah drove me to my prof's apartment to leave the portfolio for her (she's Balto based), so at least that was taken care of.

Now I'm about to take my sleep-inducing cough syrup and I'm going to let myself drift off. I'm calling in tomorrow and sleeping till I don't feel like doing it anymore. That's mostly what I need anyway.

No comments: