Thursday, May 25, 2006

Simple Pleasures

Tonight I did something I never do. I took a bubble bath. I am a shower person, have been ever since I was 7 and my mother deemed me old enough to start taking them. I immediately appreciated the efficiency of the bathing method; less prep work, etc.

But every once in a great while it will occur to me that I have a tub. So I pulled the curtains back a bit, brought in some tea lights to set on the ledge in front of the window, and poured in tea tree oil shower gel (I had no actual bubble bath, but any liquid soap will make bubbles, really...). And it was heaven. With the sirens blaring down below, I just lay there soaking in the skyline of steeples, the roof of the train station against the blue black sky, a red and white whirr of headlights and taillights on I-83.

No comments: