Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I went for a walk yesterday after dinner. From one end of my neighborhood to the other. It was a walk I would have taken two years ago, when I lived there, but it surprised me, still, that the route came so naturally. I often suffer from failure of imagination, and when I "explore" it's always the most pedantic, straightforward path. I don't like too much veering. Never have.

I decided to take a walk because I am thisclose to leading a sedentary life. I am still recovering, financially, from the move, and still need stuff for the apartment. And my sister graduated from college, which cost me roughly 400.00 in expenses--the getting there--which I wouldn't have foregone for anything, but I don't need to tell you that 400.00 is money I could have used to finance quite a few necessities--like a new gym membership. But it is what it is. So, I couldn't bear the thought of sitting in my apartment night after night, just watching television, complying with my lack of activity. I am going to try taking a powerwalk every evening along with better regulating my food intake. I swear, my inner fat girl wants to come back. I am acutely aware of her wanting to stage a coup.

And no, I haven't lost my mind. I'm just saying I'm not immune to my old ways. They were easy and effortless. One must be vigilant. That's all I'm getting at.

No comments: