Thursday, May 11, 2006

Packing

I left the office and walked out onto the rain-sluiced street, my hiking boots were dark brown from the downpour in seconds. The bus came on time so I was home by a little after 5.

Out of olive oil, I fried the polenta slices in butter (more decadent, but obviously not ideal calorie and fat-wise). An appetizer. I put the little leftover curried rice w/zucchini and baked chicken in the oven for the main course. This is the last of my food, and I don't get paid until monday; thank God I am going away for the weekend.

I am roughly 1/3 packed. My entourage is coming tomorrow morning at 7:00, so the alarm is set for 5:30. I'll need time to get ready, eat some leftover polenta cakes for breakfast, drink some China Black tea, and throw last minute things into my bag.

Blogging has been compulsive lately. I can't seem to stop doing it, so I'd wager that I'll check in at least once more before a 3-day hiatus.

Oh, and confidential to Sarah:

No one has yet to plumb the depths of your awesomeness. You know what I mean.

No comments: