Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Big Push

This is the me I know and love...The arrival of those shelves was obviously the motivation I needed to really establish the apartment. I've been unpacking in installments (I usually do everything all in one day--the same day that I move) because I didn't want to kill myself this time around, but obviously not being able to unpack some things has been a sticking point. Once I got the shelves in place in the cabinet, I was very excited to put all my finest bowls, glass ware, and ceramic pitchers on display. Sadly, one of my favourite items broke during the move--I discovered it today when I withdrew it from its newspaper wrapping to set it in the cabinet.

One thing seriously leads to another, because after I got everything situated there, I decided to hang all of my framed art/wall decorations. after doing that, the place started to take more shape, and the strewn boxes were ruining the visual, so I collapsed them and took them down to the garbage room, then I swept the wood floors, and neatly arranged the boxes that still cannot be unpacked, out of sight in one of my many closets. And speaking of closets, I freed one up for my sister's use when she arrives later this month. I purged some old magazines, neatly arranged the ones that are current on the coffee table, I put away all my linen, unpacked office stuff, Finished the paper, made dinner, lunch for tomorrow, and rescued some potatoes that were on the verge of sprouting (parboiled then roasted them), talked to Sarah on the phone, switched from my purse to my backpack for tomorrow (since it's a class day). I also managed to find an acceptable dowel replacement for the missing one for the bookshelf in the kitchen that is currently doing duty as a storage option for my dry goods... now that I have full use of those shelves, my stuff isn't all cattywampus.

Seems like it all comes down to shelves...

No comments: