Monday, October 13, 2003

Milk Jug in Recession

The photos in my cubicle indicate that I have a warm, charming life,and that I know happy, interesting people. My current favourite is one that I took of Catchka in Boston in the last days of Summer. She is pointing a ketchup squirt bottle in my general direction, though her eyes are focused somewhere past me. I love the angles and lighting in this shot--the pure candor of it. But I also like what I didn't see in my frame of vision when I pushed the button that forever immortalized the look on my dear friend's face. There is an unassuming gallon of milk, cattycorner from the ketchup squeeze bottle in C's hand. Just sitting there (as milk jugs tend to do). I am intrigued to think this is what my eye took in in the half second it took to set up and execute this shot, but there is so much I didn't notice.

No comments: