Wednesday, October 29, 2003

The Great Pumpkin

I found eating to be painful yesterday since I have one of those annoying cuts on the back of my left gum. It is a bit better today, but I am still uncomfortable. I ate soup for dinner last night (crab bisque), and then intended to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." I barely made it through the opening credits, before I drifted off to sleep. I woke up just in time for Linus's famous "just you wait til next year, Charlie Brown!" tirade during the end credits. I guess I will have to wait til next year, afterall.

I've been listening to Prince's hits and b-sides 3-disc set for the last couple of days and getting reacquainted with some favourite songs. I have also been listening to the neo spiritual goth stylings of Evanescence. My youngest sister turned me on to the deftly rendered vocals of the frontwoman. It may be too young a cd for me in some ways, but I like a little angst with my morning coffee.

What else can I say? It's raining in Baltimore, baby, but everything else is the same.

No comments: