Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Photos II

I hung out with Sara last night up at her dad's house in the suburbs. She wants to rearrange her bedroom and needs help with the transfer of some pieces of furniture to another space, so I went in to help her complete the first leg of that process.Of course it wasn't all work and no play. We ate dinner (and two kinds of dessert) and chatted a good bit.

I will always be grateful to her for her enthusiastic response to the pictures of me and Gordon, one of which I let her have a copy (always get doubles). She was delighted by them, and felt that she could intuit just how right we are for each other (she has never seen us together in real life, and before a week ago, there was no photo ever taken of us together). She laughed such a joyous laugh and gave me such a warm hug when I gave her the picture, as though she had just been given something priceless.

Today is the first day that Sarahbina joins me at work, for the time being, as a temporary proofreader. My company needs some summertime support to really get the project off the ground in time for the school year, and encouraged everyone to aid in the recruiting effort. I was glad they responded so enthusiastically to her resume and decided to bring her on board.

Something else that's been on my mind:

I am trying to create room in my life for a change. As I approach 30 I find that I feel an increasing need for greater independence, to realize my goals, and to want to be free of my obligations to other people. I really want to define my own life, independent of anyone else's expectations of my time.

No comments: