Thursday, June 19, 2003

I saw Peter Farrow Yesterday in WholeFoods. He left my company about a month ago. I referred to him as PF initially. We were in the process of developing a nice work rapport which I could see carrying over into social stuff when he found gainful employment elsewhere. He, in a couple of months, is moving into my neighborhood (his fiancee is going away for grad school). I had actually seen him around my office a couple of times over the course of the last few weeks, visiting with friends of his, but he did not really acknowledge me during those visits. I wasn't hurt or anything, but I thought it odd since he'd made a point to get my business card, complete with a personal e-mail address before he left, that he did no more than barely wave at me on those occasions.

Yesterday when I was making a fruit&cheese danish run, he chatted me up about his new work, my work here, and various other surface level things.

The moment struck me as being somewhat literary. He's a minor character that could have way more to do with the plot than one might initially think.

No comments: