Sunday, June 22, 2003

I went to the library today and checked out several books, including one by Amanda Davis I've been wanting to get for several weeks (Wonder When You'll Miss Me), and The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. I had intended to spend the entire day there reading after gathering up my treasures, but I started feeling cagey, so I left. I read for a while (the briefest while) in the park on Charles Street, but felt that a potential miscreant was checking me out, if you know what I mean, so I came home after being out for only a total of two hours.

I ended up going out with Sara tonight. She had purchased a couple of coffee table books for me--an historic pictorial on antiquated locomotives and one about Paris. As usual we had a wonderfully encouraging conversation and a settling, anchoring prayer time. I love the immediacy with which she is willing to enter into prayer. Her life is a running dialogue with God, and I feel inspired when I'm around her.

I made the decision to renew my lease for 6 months. It's coming up due on the 30th of this month. I've been back here a few days shy of a year.

I'm looking forward to resuming therapy; the 2-month hiatus has caused a lot of what plagues me to surge to the forefront, and I am ready to talk again.

I had a realization today. I don't want the concept I have of myself as an angry person to follow me into the next year of my life. I don't know who I am apart from it, but I want to find out.

No comments: